SUMMER CHARACTER LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY
The Summer Leadership and Character Development Academy (SLCDA) is designed to attract our Nation’s top-performing high school students by offering a one-week leadership program in the National Capital Region. The academy provides leadership training, character development, ethics lessons and acts as a leadership and personal development opportunity with a community service component. The program aims to produce a self-motivated, quality citizen who can return to their hometown with enhanced leadership skills and a heightened appreciation for ethics, morals, values and community service.
- Must be a high school sophomore or junior (class of 2020 or 2021).
- Must be 16 to 18 years old by the academy start date (July 15, 2019).
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- Applicants must complete a 500 word leadership essay.
- Must receive a minimum of one reference.
- Possess strong moral and ethical standards.
- Current Physical.
- Perform well on the Initial Strength Test. *An IST is not required for selection, but will be considered if submitted as part of the application.
- While athletics, leadership positions and service-oriented activities are not required, they are important to the overall selection process.
- Participation in Reserve Officer Training Corps programs is not required.
If you would like to apply or nominate someone,, please go to SLCDA.MARINES.COM!
THE 2019 APPLICATION WINDOW IS NOW CLOSED.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR THE 2020 APPLICATION IN JANUARY.