You must be registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System to be eligible for TRICARE.
It's your responsibility to properly register in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System. DEERS is the key to receive timely and effective TRICARE benefits. DEERS is a worldwide, computerized database of uniformed service members (sponsors), their family members, and other who are eligible for military benefits.
You should update DEERS immediately whenever you experience any of the following life events (this list is not all-inclusive):
Change in sponsor's status:
1. Retiring or separating from active duty
2. National Guard or Reserve member activation or de-activation
3. Change in service status (e.g. enlisted to officer, branch change)
4. Getting married or divorced
5. Having a baby or adopting a child (NOTE: DEERS registry is a separate step and is required before you can enroll a child in TRICARE Prime)
6. Moving to a new location for any reason
7. Becoming entitled to Medicare (either you or a family member)
8. Death of sponsor or family member
There are several ways to update your information in DEERS:
1. You can go online (www.dmdc.osd.mil.rsl) to update your information
2. Call the DEERS Manpower Data Center Support Office (DSO) at 800-538-9552
3. You can fax your address, email address, or telephone number changes to the DSO at 831-655-8317
4. Visit www.tricare.mil/deers and follow the steps to update your address, email address and telephone number online.
5. You can also find the nearest "Rapids Site Locator" by clicking on the Rapids Site Locator - http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl/appj/site?execution=e1s1 and follow steps on the screen.
Be sure to update your information in DEERS every time it changes.
TRICARE is the health care program serving Uniformed Service members, retirees and their families worldwide. There are three regions; North, West, and South. 9th District falls under all three depending on your location.
Marines and Family Members: If you are currently enrolled in TRICARE Prime “DO NOT DIS-ENROLL.” Please check the ruling on “portability” with your local TRICARE Service Center at your current installation. Once you get to your new duty station, you will need to enroll into your new health care region, which will also automatically transfer service from your old region.
NOTE: All active duty personnel MUST enroll into TRICARE Prime Remote that are in remote locations (Single or Married Marines). Eligible family members residing with Active Duty member may also enroll in Prime Remote or select the Standard or Extra option.
Family Member Dental Coverage
The Tricare Dental Program for Active Duty Family Members is available for purchase. Please visit http://www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/Dental/TDP for more information.
Active Duty Dental Program
Phone: 1-866-984-ADDP (2337)
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Time